Left Continue shopping
Your Order

You have no items in your cart

You might like
Superba Krill™ Oil – A Sustainable Health Supplement

Superba Krill™ Oil – A Sustainable Health Supplement

We believe strongly in the positive health benefits of Krill Oil, and we are pleased to be stocking Superba Krill™. It is sourced from the pristine waters of Antarctica by a world leading krill-harvesting company with committed sustainability goals. Their core priorities are ensuring the wellbeing of the krill biomass, and contributing towards a thriving Antarctic ecosystem.

Superba Krill™ oil is extracted from the Antarctic krill species Euphausia Superba. These small shrimp-like crustaceans are filled with health promoting long-chain omega-3 fatty acids (EPA & DHA), phospholipids, choline and astaxanthin. Krill live near the bottom of the food chain which means they have naturally low levels of environmental contaminants, resulting in a pure and natural product.

The omega-3s in Superba Krill Oil are mostly bound to phospholipids in a naturally occurring complex structure; they are water soluble so can dissolve easily in your stomach, and this prevents potentially unpleasant digestive issues such as reflux, and avoids any fishy aftertaste with the product. The phospholipid structure means that the omega-3s are more stable and bio-efficient allowing them to be taken effectively in a smaller and easy to swallow capsule.

The Krill Oil we have sourced comes from a supplier that uses Eco-Harvesting – a patented technology developed to harvest the krill in an environmentally-friendly, and sustainable way. The trawling system is submerged continuously whilst a hose gently brings the Krill on board the vessel, and is so effective it reduces the total yearly by-catch of other species to almost zero.

The Antarctic fishery is MSC certified which guarantees high standard fishing operations and ensures that their marine resources are harvested using sustainable methods and practices. Each batch of krill oil is 100% traceable right back to its origin in the Antarctic Ocean, so you can then be sure that it comes from a reputable and trusted source.

With krill being a key component of the ecosystem in Antarctica, past perception was that krill fishery is not sustainable, when in fact the opposite is true. Antarctic krill is one of the largest biomasses in the world - an estimated 63 million metric tons! The fishery has an allowable krill catch quota of less than 1% of the total biomass, which leaves more than 99% of the biomass for krill feeding predators. Harvesting is also being restricted to a specific region of the Southern ocean. The 1% quota is one of the most precautionary set limits in the world, and ensures the sustainable replenishment of the krill biomass and protects the wellbeing of the Antarctic ecosystem. – To compare, many other fisheries are considered sustainable with a set catch quota of up to 10%.

 

This goes to show that providing quality krill oil supplements for our own health can be sustainable whilst also being committed to meeting the responsibility we all have in looking after the health of our planet and its oceans.

 

Visit www.hellenia.co.uk for product information, and to browse our wide range of supplements.

What is Celadrin® and what are the key health benefits?

What is Celadrin® and what are the key health benefits?

What is Celadrin®?

Celadrin® is a natural anti-inflammatory product that has been developed to support healthy joint function and flexibility. Clinical studies show that it benefits safely and without side effects. It is made from a patented blend of...

Read more
Tips on How to Handle Hay Fever

Tips on How to Handle Hay Fever

Hay fever is also known as Allergic Rhinitis. It is a condition caused by the body’s immune system reacting to pollen and causing cold-like symptoms such as a runny nose, itchy/red or watery eyes, congestion, sneezing or coughing and sinus pressure. The body recognises the pollen, what is...
Read more
Supplements Good for Brain Health

Supplements Good for Brain Health

As we grow older a lot of attention is focused on our physical health, and so much importance is rightly placed on remaining active and concerning how our bodies are feeling. But as we age cognitive health is also an essential consideration. A healthy diet and lifestyle is vital to consider for the benefit of our brain health as we look to improve/preserve memory, boost mood, sharpen focus and...
Read more