Hydro Coconut – The Ultimate Electrolyte Replacement Drink
Good hydration is fundamental for maintaining peak mental and physical performance. Water transports nutrients around the body, maintains blood pressure and regulates body temperature. As the body constantly loses water through perspiration, respiration and going to the toilet, staying hydrated by replacing lost fluids is vital for health and wellbeing.
Sweating It Out
Strenuous exercise increases water loss, but also increases the loss of electrolytes though your sweat. Electrolytes are minerals dissolved in water that conduct electrical currents inside the body essential for healthy cell function, nerve impulses and pH balance.
Whenever you sweat, the electrolytes sodium, potassium, magnesium and chloride are lost. Low levels of these vital minerals can contribute to the symptoms of dehydration, including muscle cramps, dizziness, nausea, lethargy, irregular heart rate and muscle weakness. Extreme loss of magnesium in athletes can cause cardiac arrest, while low potassium levels cause severe cramp and reduced blood flow.
If you’re a committed athlete, someone who performs a physically active job, or someone who enjoys high intensity training as part of a healthy lifestyle, increasing your nutrition to maintain your electrolytic balance is essential. While a healthy diet should supply most of the nutrients you need, your body will require additional support during endurance activities.
Hydrating Sports Drinks
While water only hydrates, a sports drink that contains carbohydrates and electrolytes can give you the performance edge. This type of sports drink aids fluid absorption, replenishes vital electrolytes and can improve stamina and tenacity during sports that require high levels of constant activity, such as running and cycling.
Soft drinks and energy drinks offer a hit of carbohydrate but contain no electrolytes. Drinks containing caffeine can even worsen the effects of dehydration, so should be avoided when exercising. The best sports drinks provide hydration, electrolytes and antioxidants to reduce muscle fatigue and increase recovery.
Hydro Coconut is a natural, fruity coconut hydration drink that contains a refreshing combination of vitamins, minerals and electrolytes. Hydro Coconut comes in a convenient powder that dissolves easily in water to create a delicious, hydrating drink on demand.
Made from coconut water, watermelon juice, beetroot juice, maca root and lucuma fruit, Hydro Coconut is ideal for maintaining hydration, energy and mental focus when taken before and during exercise.
Each of the following beneficial ingredients have been selected to provide key nutrients required by the body during vigorous exercise:
- Coconut Water - Not only may coconut water support heart health but it also contains an impressive list of vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium and calcium
- Watermelon Juice - Watermelon juice contains high levels of the phytonutrient lycopene, associated with heart and bone health, and citrulline, an essential amino acid for improving blood flow and relaxing blood vessels
- Beetroot Juice - Beetroot is packed full of antioxidants and naturally occurring nitrates. Increased nitric oxide in the blood vessels allows more oxygen to flow to your brain, heart and muscles for improved circulation
- Lucuma Fruit - Lucuma is a Peruvian superfood high in vitamins and trace minerals, with a sweet, creamy citrus flavour
- Maca Root - Maca root comes from a Peruvian plant rich in vitamins and minerals, used to increase energy and stamina
Hydro Coconut also supplies the following electrolytes:
- Potassium – Potassium regulates fluid balance and controls the electrical activity of the heart and other muscles.
- Magnesium – Magnesium maintains normal nerve and muscle function and enables the production of energy from food. Magnesium is essential for strong bones.
- Sodium – Sodium is vital for maintaining the nervous system, regulating fluid balance, blood pressure regulation and muscle contractions. Sodium is also required for glucose absorption.
- Calcium – Calcium is vital for bone structure and assists in the absorption of other nutrients.
When To Drink Hydro Coconut
You can drink Hydro Coconut before exercise to prepare your body with good levels of hydration and also during exercise when possible, ideally every 15 to 20 minutes.