5 Top Health Benefits of CBD Oil
CBD (cannabidiol) is a natural remedy. It is found in hemp oil extracted from the hemp plant (Cannabis Sativa L.). Importantly it is non-psychoactive and non-addictive as it is THC free. (THC is the cannabinoid compound that causes the ‘high’ feeling associated with the plant). It is one of the main misconceptions about this supplement. This makes CBD oil a legal cannabinoid that is non-intoxicating, is safe and is well tolerated.
Studies focus on how the CBD acts on the endocannabinoid system and its effects on the internal balance in our body which can bring benefits to our wellbeing.
Here are 5 top potential health benefits of CBD oil
1) Analgesic (Pain relieving effects) – Some people believe that CBD offers a more natural alternative to prescription or over the counter drugs in relieving chronic pain and inflammation. Although in their infancy, some studies have shown its potential in helping people with conditions such as arthritis manage their pain. Although more human studies are needed to further confirm these findings.
2) Anti-Seizure Properties (neuroprotective) – Studies have suggested that anti-convulsant properties in CBD can be a natural remedy for keeping conditions such as epilepsy under control.
3) Combat Anxiety & Depression - There have been studies using animal models of anxiety and involving healthy volunteers that suggest CBD decreases anxiety in patients with social anxiety disorder (SAD). Research further indicates that it may also be useful for panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder.
4) Relieves nausea – We’re sure that everyone would agree that nausea is a terrible feeling and it is very difficult to find a remedy that will treat this awful physical symptom. Amongst other things it can arise as the result of medical conditions, it can be associated with anxiety and depression, migraines, motion sickness, or as a side effect of treatments such as chemotherapy. Studies have suggested that CBD may be effective in relieving nausea because of the link between this symptom and the endocannabinoid system.
5) Treating sleep issues - As studies suggest CBD has the ability to reduce anxiety, and as one may expect this can prove valuable in helping to reduce sleep difficulties and improve the general quality of sleep. Some research studies suggest also that CBD may increase the overall amount of sleep and improve insomnia. There are also studies that suggest CBD stimulates daytime alertness and reduces sleepiness, which is beneficial to daytime performance, and to the strength and consistency of the sleep-wake cycle.
How can I take CBD Oil?
It is well accepted that sublingual administration (under the tongue) is the most effective method to take CBD, however most oils when taken in this way end up being swallowed and broke down in the body, reducing the absorption level from each dose.
We stock Canabidol™ CBD Gel-Tabs™ which are a single dose format, employing a patented slow release delivery system. They are designed to provide optimum absorption of CBD into the bloodstream by allowing it to dissolve slowly under your tongue for 10 – 15 minutes for maximum bioavailability - it means higher rates of the CBD is absorbed than would be achieved with a normal oil. Take 1 or 2 Gel-Tabs™ daily.
Click here for further product details, or to shop now!